Graduate Student, Public Policy
Jenn Galandy is a graduate student at the University of Nottingham with plans to receive her Master’s degree in Public Policy this year.
Jenn Galandy graduated with an Undergraduate Degree in Political Science, from the University of Calgary. During her four years in Calgary, Galandy took part in a variety of activities and initiatives both on and off the campus. For two years, Galandy worked as a youth coordinator for the Wildrose Party of Alberta where she created a youth wing from scratch which included contacting youth organisations in the province to recruit individuals, driving to different cities in the province to meet with them, and finding youth representatives for each major city. As the first Youth Coordinator for the Executive Committee of the party, Jenn successfully maintained a budget and raised money for youth events, which included calling members to ask for their support. She also created a youth constitution, and campus club constitutions. Throughout her two years as Youth Coordinator, Galandy contacted key representatives from each city and assisted them in setting up campus clubs, high school clubs, as well as youth community associations for this party. She was the main signing authority for society startups, to give them permission to use party branding. By January 2016, Jenn Galandy was overseeing a youth team of over 200 individuals, and managing a Calgary-team of 80 youth members.
Over the past four years, Jenn Galandy has had a great deal of political involvement. In January of 2015 Galandy began volunteering for the Conservative Party of Canada and did so for the next two years. In 2016 Jenn Galandy helped with a leadership campaign in the communications department, where she worked on social media and youth outreach. During the CPC Convention in May 2016 she helped that candidate by doing interviews for her Facebook Live platform, while also monitoring social media pages.
She was also voted in as a director for the Communications Committee in the Calgary Rocky Ridge riding in 2016. In March of 2016, Jenn volunteered for the Saskatchewan Party, where she travelled to Saskatchewan to assist with their Provincial Election.
Today, Jenn Galandy is working towards her Master’s degree in Public Policy at the University of Nottingham. Her thesis dissertation is on the obstacles female politicians face in Canada’s federal political system.
Wildrose Party of Alberta Calgary, AB
April 2015- January 2017
- Researched and presented idea of a youth position to executive board. The idea was approved, and Jenn was given permission to create objectives and goals for youth position (including budget, regional plans, diversity plans, and creating a youth committee constitution that was approved by the legal department)
- Appointed to be the first Youth Coordinator for the Executive Committee of the party
Office of Member of Parliament, Pat Kelly
- Worked for MP Pat Kelly, Shadow Minister for National Revenue, on Parliament Hill in Ottawa
- Learnt a wide variety of skills such as; how to write speeches, file claims for the financial department, do
committee research, and effectively use social media for political purposes.
- Completed a research project for the office on the use of social media as a politician
- Completed a beginner French Course, taught by the House of Commons
University of Calgary
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Grade 3.7 GPA
Member of the Model United Nations Team, Member of the Political Science Association, President of Wildrose Party on Campus
University of Nottingham
Activities and Societies: European Union Conference in Milan, Italy – April 2017
- Junior Achievements- Southern Alberta awarded me as the first official “Alum of the Week” (August 2016)
- Recipient of Jason Lang Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement from 2015 School Year (December 2016)
- Certified in GBA+ “Gender Based Analysis” (July 2016)